Crime Online Search Engine [Homepage}

Sunday, November 21, 2004

An Orphan Donation or just cashing in again?

Running up to Christmas, you can always expect our "fraud friends" to come up with a story with a moral twist.

The e-mail sender purports to be Elisabeth Ahmed. A Christian married to a Muslim. It looks as though they are using actual events (Margret Hassan, a CARE worker held hostage in Iraq) to make up their story.

This poor woman has not only lost her husband, she also has cancer in the end stage! Being a good Christian, she wants to give her family forune to some good christian person to use in supporting orphans. Obviously they are targeting christian communities with this story.

A lot of Christians are wiiling to help charity organisations, especially at this time of year, and with such a lump some of money purportedly availiable for such use, could provoke some good soul to reply. There are a lot of cases where communities have lost thousands of dollars of church and members money, because they believed it was an honest offer and contacted these people. Be warned, it is not so!

Here's the e-mail:

REQUEST FOR AN URGENT DONATION FOR THE ORPHANS

From: Mrs. Elizabeth Ahmed
Address: Calle Fanjul Nº 12 Barcelona, Spain.
Tel.: +34-619-201-153
Email: elizabethahmed@whipmail.com

My dearest in Christ, May God be praised!!!

I am Mrs. Elizabeth Ahmed from Australia. I am married to Zaki Ahmed of the blessed memory who worked with Kuwait embassy in Madrid Spain for nine years before he died. We were married for twenty-seven years without a child, and he died after a brief illness that lasted only four days.

Before his death, he was a very devoted Muslim and I am devoted Christian by birth, and at this moment battling with both cancer and fibroid illness, when my late husband was alive, he deposited the sum of $12.6million dollars (twelve million, six hundred thousand dollars) with an overseas finance and security firm.Presently,this money is still with the finance and security firm.

Recently,my doctor told me that I had terminal illness (cancer) that would last for about the next four months. Though what disturbs me most is my cancer sickness.

Having known my condition, I decided to donate part of my husband's wealth to either a trusthworthy,God fearing and religiously devoted individual or organization that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct thereafter.

I want you to use this money in all sincerity to share it to charity homes and orphanages in your country, to fight against serving humanity which transcends ethnic, tribal and religious bounds. The holy bible and the Koran alike emphasized so much on giving of alms, charity and this common belief and bold step.

I took this decision because it was an instruction from my husband before he died to share this money to charity homes because we don't have any child and I don't want my husband's hard earned money to be misused by people that are not trustworthy. I don't want a situation where this money will be misused hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I know that when I die, I will rest in peace with the most high and the most merciful one if my wish is accomplished before I demise to the higher glory.

Kindly include your telephone and fax numbers where I can call you when responding to this letter. With God, I know that all things are possible and as soon as I receive your reply, I shall give you the contact of the finance and security firm and I shall instruct them to change the ownership in your name, I will also issue you a letter of authority and power of attorney through my lawyer whom I will introduce to you as soon as I receive your reply.

I want you to always pray for me. Please for the help you are rendering to the children of God I will want 10% of the money to be yours. My happiness is that I lived a life of a truly devoted Christian though married to a Muslim, love conquers all.

Whoever,that wants to serve God must serve him in truth and in spirit, please always be prayerful all through your life. Any delay in your reply will give me room for sourcing another trustworthy organization or devoted person for the same purpose.

Until I hear from you my dreams will rest squarely on your shoulders, may the Almighty God continue to guide and protect you. Amen.

Yours faithfully,

Mrs. Elizabeth Ahmed.

1 Comments:

At 1/4/05 05:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was contacted by Elizabeth Ahmed March 28, 2005 with this exact letter. I knew it was a hoax but strung them along as far as them wanting me to fly to Spain from Canada. Good one. I can't wait to e-mail this posting back to them. They are sooooooo busted!!! Patti

 

Post a Comment

<< Home