Crime Online Search Engine [Homepage}

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Tsunami IV

This one was sent from a reader.
Tsunami IV Audio
Press the Play button if you prefer to hear the report


Yes, the criminals are mixing the old with the new. They are using the Tsunami background to cash in on the donating mentality which is prevalent in the world today.

This person is saying he has cancer and wants to donate his fortune to help the victims in Indonesia. Of course, it is deposited with a security company and he needs some helpful soul to claim it and disperse it to the victims.

As we know, this story is just to get people to contact them. As soon as they have the contact details of their new victim, the scam begins.

The so called "security company" contacts them and says they can pick up the money in London or Amsterdam, but there is a fee open for taxes, notaries, what ever. They should bring the money with them.

Once there the victim pays the fee, usually around 800 Euros, but does not get the money promised. There is always a reason why they cannot take the cash with them. One of the stories is, that the money has been treated with black chemicals and has to be cleaned before they can allow the victim to take it with them.

The chemicals required to clean the money have to be paid for, and that can be anywhere up to 50.000 Euros! Believe it or not people even pay that sum. The reason is simple: They have already invested a smaller ammount and don't really want to write off this sum. So they borrow and scrape the money together and fall right into the trap!

So this heart breaking e-mail is just the bait.

Take a look at what they write:

From Mr. Madhi Albalawi
Email: alb_mahd@excite.co.uk

Good Day.

It is my sincere prayers and wishes that the year has been fulfilling and rewarding for you and your family. Sorry to surprise you and take some of your time in going through this unexpected letter of plea for your understanding and assistance.

This message may come as a surprise as we have not met, but i am desperately in need of help. I got this contact out of desperation and frustration, via a comprehensive search on the Internet.

I am a victim of the last Sunday the 26th of December 2004 Tsunami Strike where I lost my whole family and virtually everything I have laboured for, My name is Madhi Albalawi a Saudi national and a merchant in Indonesia, Now I have been diagnosed with prostate, esophageal Cancer and High Blood Pressure that was discovered after the strike and shock from the heavy under water wave that claimed many lives. I have only about a few months to according to medical experts.

I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone not even myself but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focus on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this, as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world.

Presently, I'm in my house here in London where I have been undergoing treatment for esophageal cancer. I have now lost my ability to talk and my doctor have told me that I have only a few months to live. It is my last wish to see that my money is been distributed to Victims of the Tsunami using the allocated Agencies like the UNICEF, UN. SAVE THE CHILDREN etc.

The last of my money, which is the huge cash deposit that I have with a Financial Firm in London .I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations in charge of the tsunamis victims and let them know that it is I, Madhi lbalawi that is making this generous donation.

I am writing this from my laptop computer in my house where I wait for my time to come. I pray that God uses you to support and assist me with good heart I am not afraid of death hence I have seen plenty of them in recent times. I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my soundless voice and inability to talk. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact details of the holding firm in London where the funds are presently been held in safe custody.

I await your response and please send me further mails to Email:
alb_mahd@excite.co.uk

Trustfully Yours
Madhi Albalawi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home