Crime Online Search Engine [Homepage}

Friday, December 17, 2004

It's my identity .... Hands off! Part 2

I just received a letter from the public prosecutor. Would you believe that they are not following this case because "it is not yet illegal to open an eBay account under a false name"!

It is apparantly irrelevant, that this person would have been cashing in payments for products he or she does not have.

The victims would, of course, report me to the authorities for fraud. It would be extremely difficult for me to prove my innocence.

Fortunately, the person who wanted to use my name, doesn't seem to have much knowledge about how the internet works.

Just for the record, eBay sends a letter to people who have requested an account. If I hadn't received this letter, I would never have known that someone was trying to use my name!

I give 10 points for eBay security efforts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home