Crime Online Search Engine [Homepage}

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Leslie Samedi - from where?

This one's unsual.

Leslie Samedi says he's from Haiti. He sends his e-mail from an indian freemailer, want's answers to his russian account and writes in the classic nigerian 419-scam style!

This is typical of this type of scam. There is no way you can put a finger on Mr. Samedi, if that is his real name. The e-mail accounts can be setup and closed down very quickly. You can set up most freemail accounts using a false name, so there's no chance of finding out who's using a particular account. Even if they used their real names, the ISPs are not allowed to provide you with any personal details, either by law or corporate privacy policy.

My advice to people, who contact me to confirm if an e-mail is a fraud or not, is very basic. "Would you do business with someone who uses a false name and does not have a verifiable address? Most people say no. That is the point, isn't ist?

Here's Leslie's email:


>From Mr.Lesly Samedi
Haiti.
leslysamedi@indiatimes.com


Dear Friend,

Greetings.

I am really sorry for invading your privacy this way.

First may I introduce my self ,I am Mr. LESLY SAMEDI, special adviser to former PRESIDENT JEAN BERTRAND ARISTID of REPUBLIC of HAITI. I’m presently in exile after the revolt of masses and the oust of the President.

I would like to have a partnership with you, in order to invest a sum of USD 10,000,000 in any profitable business in your country.

This money is all my life savings during all my years in the government. I was able to send this money out via diplomatic courier services when it became certain that I will run into exile.

The new President has confiscated the properties of all those who were close to Mr JEAN BERTRAND ARISTID. I’m now without any source of income.

The situation above prompted me to ask for your cooperation for the keeping of these funds, for solid and reliable investment. My wife and I has respectfully agreed to compensate you with USD 500,000.00 (Five hundred Thousand Dollars ) for your anticipated aid.

I will provide all the necessary documents that would help you secure the money without any hitch with the help of a lawyer.

Please whatever is your decision, kindly keep this matter confidential for my security. If you are interested in helping us secure this money please get back to me.

Have a pleasant day while I await your reply.
Mr. Lesly Samedi
mrlesly48@mail.ru
Haiti.

1 Comments:

At 30/6/05 18:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RECIEVED TODAY 6/28/05 THE SAME LETTERS FROM MR. CHEUNG PUI,HANG SENG BANK.LTD,SAI WAN HO BRANCH,HONG KONG.

TITLED: SOLICITING FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.
NOTE: E-MAIL ADDRESSES:

CHEUNGPUI08@MSN.COM
CHEUNGPUI75@WALLA.COM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home